Giant Loop Great Basin Motorcycle Saddlebag Roll Top System
Carry your gear where the passenger would sit on your motorcycle – the remarkably versatile Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger. Anchors to passenger footrest brackets and mounts on pillion seat of sport and sport touring bikes, scramblers, standards, nakeds and adventure touring and dual sport motorcycles.
Introducing the Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top, a fresh update of the original biomorphic, horseshoe-shaped Saddlebag design that Giant Loop pioneered in 2009. The Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top features a convenient rolling closure that seals out water and dust while maintaining all the unique “go light, go fast, go far” features of our zipper closure Great Basin Saddlebag.
Other enhancements include a greater range of compression and expandability (68 liters with one roll to seal out dust), sewn-on molded rubber badges, Giant Loop branded grab handles that double as side compression straps, a set of 3 RF-welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air purge valves, and drains in the bottoms of the Saddlebag’s “legs” that allow water to escape if it manages to penetrate the highly water resistant out shell (yea, we understand – we’ve dunked our bikes in streams crossings, too!). Made in USA. Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects.
The Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top delivers everything needed to mount up hit the road:
- 68+ liters of packable volume (68 liters with three full waterproof rolls, more with one roll to seal out dust)
- Set of 3 RF welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air release valves included
- Side compression straps with custom Giant Loop molded rubber grab handles
- Super tough, highly water resistant vinyl tarp outer shell reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Beavertail and cinch ring with side-release buckled compression straps that integrate with double-end Rogue Dry Bag and Tillamook Dry Bag (available separately), as well as the single-ended feature rich Torngat Tunnel Bag
- Lash loops to attach Possible Pouch external pockets to back, side or front of Saddlebag “legs”
- Separate mounting and compression straps for easy gear access
- Reinforced Roll Top closure
- Cable lock pass-though to secure bag to bike while parked. Optional: QuickLoop Cables + OnGuard Padlock available here.
- Reflective accents for visibility
- 1 Hot Springs Heat Shield (laser-cut aluminum + stainless steel clamp) included
- Military-spec materials and construction
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects
- Made in U.S.A.
- Compare to the original Great Basin Saddlebag.
- Expand the Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top with Giant Loop’s adventure proof packing system:
- Contact us If you want to add / choose a combination option for enhanced storage and accessibility by adding a color-matched Fandango Pro Tank Bag, a feature rich Torngat Tunnel Bag, double-ended Tillamook Dry Bag and new waterproof roll-top Possibles Pouches.
- Add a pair of stainless steel Giant Loop Mounts to help keep anchor straps away from hot exhaust.
- Create quick anchors on the tail of the motorcycle with our Footmans Loop Anchor Kit.
- Complete your kit with a slim Giant Loop Tank Bag that provides quick gear storage but stays out of the way when riding hard standing on the pegs.
Specs and Features
- Weight: 6 lbs with all included components
- Dimensions (fully packed):
- 56″ – bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
- Basically the same as before, with a little more “doming” on top due to increased “front to back” distance.
- 10″ – height of bag in top center
- Again, the difference here is mostly a result of the “front to back” measurement below allowing the top to arc more when stuffed full.
- 6″ – distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
- This dimension didn’t change – I think this is simply a more accurate measurement taken at very bottom of the “leg.”
- 14″ – front to back in top center
- This is where/why we picked up an additional 10 liters of volume (60 vs. 50), by adding nearly 2″ in this plane. No change in the way the bag mounts or rides, just a bit roomier for sleeping bags and other lightweight, bulky gear in the top.
- Outer shell: 22 oz. vinyl coated polyester reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Military-spec fasteners
- Custom-woven ballistic webbing on lower anchor straps
- Nylike webbing compression straps
Fits These Models
Carry your gear where the passenger would sit on your motorcycle – the remarkably versatile Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger. Anchors to passenger footrest brackets and mounts on pillion seat of sport and sport touring bikes, standards, nakeds and adventure touring and dual sport motorcycles.
GREAT BASIN SADDLEBAG FITS VIRTUALLY ANY MOTORCYCLE DESIGNED TO CARRRY A PASSENGER, INCLUDING THESE MOTORCYCLE MAKES & MODELS
- BMW: GS models, etc.
- Ducati: Multistrada, Monster, etc.
- KTM: Adventure models, 690 (w/passenger pegs), etc.
- Honda: Rally Raid Honda CB500X Adventure, Africa Twin, CRF250L, XR650L (w/passenger pegs), TransAlp, etc.
- Suzuki: V-Strom, DR650, etc.
- Triumph: Tiger, Explorer, etc.
- Yamaha: Super Tenere, WR250, etc. (w/passenger pegs)
- Kawasaki: KLR 650, Versys, Ninja, etc.
NOTE: If you don’t see your dirt bike make/model listed here, contact us about compatibility.